Absentee or Telephone Bidding
Conditions for absentee bidding:
WE DO NOT ACCEPT BIDS THAT ARE LESS THAN 50% OF THE LOW ESTIMATE
- Conditions for Bidding: All floor bids and absentee bids, whether written, phoned, faxed or electronically transferred are accepted as legal and binding contracts to purchase the described items. Successful bidders will be notified by email, phone, fax or regular mail within 5 working days. Payment is expected within 7 calendar days following notification. Your signature on the bid form constitutes permission to charge successful bids to credit cards if payment is not received within this period. Anyone of good creditworthiness acceptable to the auctioneer may bid, including the auction staff, however, it is up to the sole discretion of the auctioneer whether to accept a bid or not. The Auctioneer is the sole determinant in a disputed bid. The auctioneer may withdraw or “Pass” any article from the sale or end the sale early if he feels that there is an absence of reasonable bidding. Phone bidding is allowed only under pre-arranged conditions prior to the sale. In the event that a TPAG representative fails to properly execute an absentee, internet or telephone bid (regardless of reason) the representative and/or TPAG will not be held responsible for any actual or imagined losses incurred. Telephone bids will normally be arranged on items with estimated value of $500.00 or above. Items below $500.00 must be executed as absentees unless otherwise approved by TPAG. A TPAG representative will attempt to reach the phone bidder twice during the auction.
- Reserves: Some of the lots in this sale may be offered subject to a reserve, which is the confidential minimum hammer price at which the lot will be sold. No reserve will exceed the low pre-sale estimate stated in the Auction Catalogue. We may execute such reserves by opening the bidding at a pre-determined amount on behalf of the Consignor and may bid up to the amount of the reserve, by placing successive or consecutive bids for a lot, or bids in response to other bidders. The opening bid for items in this catalogue will be 50% of the low pre-sale estimate. Bids below this amount may be taken at the discretion of the auctioneer.
- Warranties: Determination of the age, condition, quality, authenticity, value, purported history, or classification of all items offered and sold (regardless of what is said or written) is the sole responsibility of the bidder/purchaser. Items are non-returnable except for the following reason: In the event of a disputed misrepresentation of the product, the successful bidder has exactly 30 days from the day of the sale to notify Thomaston Place Auction Galleries. After 30 days all sales are final. TPAG reserves the right to require a written statement from a recognized expert(s) in the field explaining why the item is not as represented. If it is agreed that an item may be returned, it is the buyer’s responsibility to return it in the same condition as received. Return shipping costs are the buyers responsibility. All sales of coins and stamps are final, with no returns permitted for any reason.
- Breach of Purchase: If the purchaser fails to pay in full the total purchase price of all items for which he/she was the highest bidder within 15 days of the sale, TPAG may exercise all legal rights and remedies which may include but not limited to: terminating the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused by the purchaser’s breach, and/or reoffering these items without any reserve at public auction and holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus the costs of reselling the items. Any article purchased and not removed from the auction premises immediately following the sale will be at the purchaser’s risk. TPAG reserves the right to assess storage fees for items left at the Galleries for more than 30 days after the auction.
- Payment Terms: Cash, personal, business or certified checks and MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express cards with proper identification. Bank wire transfers will be arranged upon request and are mandatory for international purchases exceeding $50,000 USD. A 15% buyer’s premium will be added to the total sale price. TPAG reserves the right to hold merchandise until check payments clear.
- Sales Tax: A 5% Maine State Sales Tax will be added to all purchases redeemed at our facility by bidder or his delegate unless bidder provides a valid State issued Resale Certificate. Items shipped out-of-state will be exempt from the State Sales Tax, provided that TPAG is paid directly by the bidder for packing and shipping costs or the bidder provides a valid State issued Resale Certificate.
- Shipping: Shipping is the responsibility of the purchaser. Items will be available for shipment upon receipt of payment. TPAG does not pack or ship items but will help the purchaser to find the lowest shipping price for each order from Maine based shipping companies and will identify this to the purchaser for approval. Shipping will normally occur within 10 days of payment. Finding an acceptable shipping option is not reason for non-compliance with the payment terms of paragraph 1. TPAG will not alter the catalog description or declare less than the full sale price on any international paperwork. Shipments will be insured for full value unless the buyer specifically requests other coverage. TPAG is not responsible for any shipper’s refusal to fully compensate the buyer for damages that may occur. All International customs costs and policies are the responsibility of the buyer.
- International coin purchasers: You are responsible for ensuring your country allows the importation of coins and currency. If your package is lost, stolen, or seized by customs, you will assume all responsibility. We are not responsible for any import duties, customs fees, or penalties associated with your shipment. Our preferred shipping is via International Priority Registered Mail via USPS, although be aware that this method does not offer insurance coverage. For other shipping classes, be aware that a customs declaration is required and there are limitations in available insurance coverage which vary by country. TPAG will not misrepresent the coin description or declare less than full sales price on any international paperwork.
- Return check Policy: All returned checks will be assessed a processing fee of $25.00.
Absentee/Telephone Bid Sheet
Please print the bid sheet, complete in full and mail or fax completed form so that it is received before 12:00pm on the day before the auction. This form must be completed in full by the bidder, or the bid will not be executed. Bids received on the day of the auction are not guaranteed to be executed.