Methods of Bidding
THERE ARE FIVE METHODS FOR PLACING A BID
- Live participation at our Auction Gallery (Floor Bidder)
- Bidding live over the telephone (Phone Bidder)
- Having Thomaston Place Auction personnel bid for you (Absentee Bidder)
- Bidding live via internet through Thomaston Place, Artfact or AuctionZip (Internet Live Bidder)
- Leaving an absentee bid via the internet through Thomaston Place or ArtfactLive.com (Internet Absentee Bidder)
Our Auction Gallery seats 200 people and provides for a comfortable setting to enjoy the auction. All of our auctions are catered. Seats may be reserved by calling our gallery prior to the auction. All bidders must register at the front desk and provide a valid driver’s license or other means of identification.
PHONE and ABSENTEE BIDDERS
Phone and Absentee Bidders must fill out the ‘Registration & Absentee/Telephone Bid Sheet’ and submit this form no later than noon on the day preceding the auction.
These forms are available from the following sources:
- Auction Catalog
- Auction Flyer
- At Thomaston Place Auction Galleries
- We will mail, FAX or email forms upon request
- Forms are available for printing or filling out electronically by visiting the section titled ‘Absentee & Phone Bids’ accessed from the Home Page of this Website.
The following information must be provided in order for us to process your bid:
- Phone Number
- Email (Optional)
- Tax Resale # (if applicable)
- Credit Card Information*
- Signature and Date**
* If electronically filling, you must telephone Thomaston Place Auction Gallery and provide the credit card information. Credit card information cannot be provided electronically.
** Not required if filling out electronically.
Once filled out, all forms must be mailed, faxed, or emailed to us and must be received no later than noon on the day preceding the auction. Bid Forms received the day of the auction MAY NOT BE PROCESSED.
INTERNET LIVE AND ABSENTEE BIDDERS
To place bids in Thomaston Place Auction Galleries’ auctions via the internet, you must register and get approved to bid through either Thomaston Place www.thomastonauction.com Artfact (www.artfact.com) or AuctionZip (www.auctionzip.com).
Approval to Bid: Once registered, you must receive approval to bid in each auction listed on the Artfact.com or AuctionZip.com website. To receive approval, click on the ‘Get Approved to Bid’ or ‘Bid Now’ icon next to the auction listing. (NOTE: you will need to log in with your user name and password before getting the Approval to Bid page.) The Approval to Bid page is a secure site that will request your credit card information, and ask you to agree to Thomaston Place Auction Galleries’ conditions of sale, buyer’s premium, and shipping details. After providing the requested information, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
You will receive an automatic on screen message and an instant email (to your registered address) confirming approval to bid. The only exception would be if you have a previous history of internet auction non-payment or disputes. In this case, your bid approval request will be considered on an individual basis, with a decision within 2 days.
Internet Absentee Bidding: Approved internet bidders can place absentee bids on any item before or during the auction.. To leave an absentee bid, log in to your user account, click on ‘Lot Details’, and click on ‘Bid Now’ for specific lots of interest. Underneath the image of the lot is a text field that will allow you to enter a bid amount. Next, hit the green button, and you will immediately receive a message confirming your bid and letting you know whether or not you are currently the high bidder on this item.
Live Internet Bidding: Live bids may be placed by approved Artfact/AuctionZip bidders on any item as it is being sold in the auction. To bid live, log in to your user account, go to the auction listing, and click on the ‘Watch Now’ icon. When you do this, the bidder console will open so that you can see and participate in the auction.