About Our Gallery
Located on U.S. Route 1 just below the village of Thomaston, Maine, Thomaston Place Auction Galleries is a premier auction and appraisal company that has garnered the respect of dealers, collectors, and museums around the world. This reputation is based on our ongoing success in discovering and offering fine art and antique treasures to this discerning audience.
Our thoughtful, discreet approach to guiding consignors through the auction process has resulted in an expanding base of families who entrust their treasures to us. We employ a state-of-the-art digital photo studio, comprehensive research library, and international marketing to help generate superior and often, world record sales prices for our consignors.
Kaja Veilleux, founder and owner of Thomaston Place, is the original creator of the Free Appraisal Day – one day each week when people can bring their heirlooms and precious possessions to the Gallery for a free valuation. Depending on the need, we also arrange “house calls” for in home appraisals of art or antiques collections.
With over 35 years experience in the art and antiques business, Kaja has built a reputation for handling fine objects. He is a licensed auctioneer and professional appraiser, and his auctions consistently draw a lively and enthusiastic international crowd.
John D. Bottero, licensed auctioneer and Thomaston Place Vice President, has over 18 years experience in the antiques trade. A veteran of manufacturing and engineering, he has helped shape the high standards and excellent reputation of Thomaston Place Auction Galleries. John shares his extensive knowledge of antiques with thousands of people each year by holding auctions and appraisal fairs throughout the State of Maine.
We handle fine art, furniture, porcelain, china, pottery, lamps, oriental rugs, mirrors, books & ephemera, coins & currency, silver, glass, folk art, antique toys, jewelry, quilts & samplers, marine items, sculpture, boats, automobiles, firearms, and much more.
Our Business Approach
- To create a positive and enriching experience by handling treasured heirlooms with care and sensitivity
- To work as a partner with consignors to generate the best possible sales outcome for each item offered
- To support the preservation of antiques and fine art for future generations
- To share our knowledge and expertise — through appraisals, in our catalogs, and from the auction podium
- To provide consignors and buyers with the best quality service possible
- To give back to Maine communities by helping not-for-profit organizations raise funds